(Subscribe to my YouTube here.)
Ne Plus Ultra by Harvey A. Berg(c. 2006) (Submit Review) (Submit Update)
This well-conceived Book Test is a favorite among working professionals because the books are readable classics, and because the method lends itself to jazz interpretation. The three books have identical content. The story has a concept written into the first paragraph of each page. Those concepts are repeated and cycled throughout the book. A bit of simple fishing allows you to determine which concept is being read and your revelation is given as a broad and general idea rather than one specific words.
Effect: What if your volunteer just opened up to any page of a freely selected classic book well known to all and started reading? And then, with NO QUESTIONS, NO FALSE STARTS, and NO FISHING you started sensing and describing in detail the scene they are reading?
What if this required less than 15 minutes of “memory work” instead of the hour or more for Final Exam?
Ne Plus Ultra comes with three books familiar to all:
- Pride And Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
- The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
These books, like the ones in Final Exam, are absolutely bullet-proof and can be read through and inspected by your audience members with nothing for them to discover.
- Ne Plus Ultra works 100% of the time.
- Ne Plus Ultra can be learned in 15 minutes.
- Ne Plus Ultra is the result of five year of observation of spectators in Final Exam and five years of feedback from performers like you.
- Ne Plus Ultra is the result of an “AHA” moment Harvey experienced when challenged to eliminate the one “weakness” in Final Exam mentioned above.
Text Source: click for details
Approx. Price: $195.00 (2007) ***Notice: I am not a dealer and this item is not for sale on this site. It maybe available in the links below or at our sister site: qualitymagicsales.com, but not from here so please do not ask.
© Martin's Magic (unless otherwise stated). All Rights Reserved.