(Subscribe to my YouTube here.)
Color Changing Knives by David Regal(c. 2020) (Submit Review) (Submit Update)
David Regal’s Color Changing Knives are a custom-made four knife set that really deliver 🙂 I’ve owned dozens of sets of knives but I must say how very impressed I am with these new knives from David Regal. Not only are they a perfect size at 3″, they are a good weight and have a good heft in the hand without being too heavy. And the routine is perfect and logical with a novel climax that makes sense.
Also the very useful online video that comes with the knives is perfect. David cleanly and swiftly takes you through all the possible moves you could want and he teaches them so well, most of them don’t even seem like moves or sleights. If you are just getting into the color changing knives, this is really a great routine to start with but even if you are a seasoned professional there is enough here to keep you happy and thinking.
And at $125 they are also priced well too, a really wonderful package you should not miss out on 🙂
Effect: I’ve Waited Thirty Years for These Knives …
The Color-Changing Knives is one of the great close-up effects. Not a card trick, not a coin trick, it delivers unique visual magic that can be customized by every performer. After owning and using many different knives, 1 finally decided to take the leap and manufacture high-quality professional props that possess all the attributes I desire in a set of Color-Changing Knives.
- These are not re-purposed existing knives. The knives were designed from the ground-up using original molds to hit the sweet spot that combines optimal weight, size, and shape. The result is a knife designed to perform the key move, with greater “effect area.”
- These knives do not look like magic props. They have a classic outline and appear to be the type of pocket knives one might find in a drawer.
- Both textured and smooth surfaces allow the performer to identify the knives by touch.
- The blades are highly polished but not brought to a razor’s edge – a vital element in a routine that involves spectator handling and interaction.
Best of All …
- At the climax of the routine a black knife changes into a red Swiss Army Knife… and it looks like a Swiss Army Knife. The shape is right, a logo appears in the traditional location, and the bolster and rivets suddenly vanish. It is more than a color change, it is a transformation of one type of knife into another and the moment is striking.
These knives have been honed for well over a year, with subtle changes and improvements made along the way. The result is a beautiful set of props that you will be proud to own. Video instructions include David’s complete routine along with additional moves and sequences that can be woven into your own presentation.
Approx. Price: $125.00 (2021) ***Notice: I am not a dealer and this item is not for sale on this site. It maybe available in the links below or at our sister site: qualitymagicsales.com, but not from here so please do not ask.
© Martin's Magic (unless otherwise stated). All Rights Reserved.