(Subscribe to my YouTube here.)
Tommy Wonder at British Close-Up Magic Symposium by Tommy Wonder(c. 1996) (Submit Review) (Submit Update)
Effect: Tommy Wonder was one of the world’s finest performers and magical thinkers, and this DVD captures some of his best close-up work when he presented his lecture at the British Close-Up Magic Symposium in Bath. Shot with two broadcast cameras.
Tommy performs and then explains in detail the following effects:
- Thanks to Paul Harris – Tommy’s handling of the classic Paul Harris single torn and restored card in which the fourth piece appears to restore as well!
- Lighter to Matchbox – One of the most visual table-hopping intro tricks. A Bic lighter instantly changes to a box of matches!
- The Shrinking Box – Two versions of the shrinking card case. Very practical construction, easy to use.
- Ambitious Card Routine – A clean and effective version leading to Card to Box, in which the signed card ends up folded inside a miniature hinged box on the table.
- 2-Second Card Fold – A detailed exposé of Tommy’s lightning quick three-way card fold.
- Squeeze – the brilliant illusion of a full deck being visibly squeezed into a tiny card box.
- Deck Switch – Psychologically strong and easy to do.
Tommy also provides advice on performing close-up magic. He shares his thoughts on timing, misdirection, presentation and a whole host of other aspects of the magical art – truly fascinating!
Running Time Approximately 55min
Approx. Price: $34.95 (2009) ***Notice: I am not a dealer and this item is not for sale on this site. It maybe available in the links below or at our sister site: qualitymagicsales.com, but not from here so please do not ask.
© Martin's Magic (unless otherwise stated). All Rights Reserved.