(Subscribe to my YouTube here.)
The Divining Rod by Allen Zingg(c. 2008) (Submit Review) (Submit Update)
Effect: Peter Marucci, the clever and very creative Canadian performer of a diverse blend of magic and mentalism, shared a brilliant approach to the neo-classic “Hot Rod”. Not your father’s “Hot Rod” any longer, Peter suggested an approach that gives this meaning, depth, and texture. Blaine Harris, a fellow magician and expert craftsperson working with leather and wood, crafted the divining rods you have purchased with loving care, using the finest hardwoods and very high quality imported Austrian crystals. The numerous coats of finish and high buffing of the wood, gives these rods a high and rich luster. Allen Zingg has created a number of original professional routines, designed for maximum audience impact and magical quality, and has incorporated fine inspirations from Peter and Kenton Knepper. You will be delighted in both the product and these fine routines and ideas. Here are some highlights:
- The Divining Rod-a routine in which the participant’s thoughts and questions cause the gemstones to change color, not once, but twice. Highly personal and evocative, this routine is visual mentalism and will be remembered and felt by your audience long after your performance.
- Colors of the Rainbow-a metaphorical journey to the magical child within each of us as we try to capture dreams and rainbows. Try as you might, you cannot capture the colors of each gemstone as they turn to clear, brilliant, white diamonds one at a time, and then return all at once to conclude this stunning and innovative routine. Not possible with any other product on the market.
- Numerous Additional Routines and Ideas are included in this manuscript to create other performance pieces using The Divining Rod.
- Natural Handlings and Tips to enhance your performance, make it easy, natural and magical.
Your Divining Rod set includes:
- A set of 2 matching rods
- 20 color pages of routines and additional ideas
- A felt display (used in some of the routines)
“Wow! This is the pro’s Hot Rod. Nothing like it out there. The rods are exquisite, and your routines are second to none. Thanks so much for releasing this to us.”
“Allen Zingg¹s Divining Rods are elegant props of hardwood and crystal. Just as elegant, and far more exceptional, are the three routines that accompany them. The handlings are sensible and the presentations are both varied and highly imaginative. Such new life has been breathed into this old classic that what Allen offers us is a new classic.”
–Robert E. Neale
“I’m such a “believer” in the Hot Rod that I even did a column in the Linking Ring on how to make the count believable.
It was that column, I think, that caught the attention of Bro. Allen Zingg, who — using my design and Blaine Harris’ craftsmanship — has written The Divining Rod instructions, which are by light years the best I have EVER come across for the handling of the Hot Rod, and (thanks to the aforementioned Blaine) the most elegant Hot Rods I’ve ever seen.
Before I say anything else, let me point out that I have NO financial interest in the Hot Rods. Allen asked if he could use my idea and I volunteered it. That’s my only connection.
The Hot Rods are of hand polished hard wood with Swaworski crystals imported from Austria.
The Zingg Hot Rods are a spectacular piece of magic, with superb instructions!”
Dimensions Approximately 4 1/4″ x 3/8″ x 1/4″ (10cm x 0.95cm x .635cm)
Approx. Price: $40.00 (2016) ***Notice: I am not a dealer and this item is not for sale on this site. It maybe available in the links below or at our sister site: qualitymagicsales.com, but not from here so please do not ask.
© Martin's Magic (unless otherwise stated). All Rights Reserved.