Mental Sticks (Mentale Zauberstäbchen) by Magiro(c. 1987) (Submit Review) (Submit Update)
Here is another item offered through Howard Schwarzman’s Limited Editions Magic line created by Magiro. It was originally released by Eckhard Boettcher as Mentale Zauberstäbchen. It uses the same method that was used by Viking’s Trans-Mental c. 1988. However, I spoke to George Robinson and he has never seen Magiro’s version, instead he came up with the idea from an old Brema effect called Coin Divination. Viking’s version is certainly a more superior product, but they both work well.
Effect: A spectator selects one of five different colored metal bars, puts it in a metal tube, screws on the cap, and conceals the remaining four bars. When the performer is handed the tube, he immediately knows the color of the bar inside and can reveal it in any manner he chooses.
Please note the following:
- The performer does not ask any questions.
- Any rod may be used and the effect may be immediately repeated.
- There are no outside sources of info, like electronics, magnets, etc.
- Can be performed surrounded.
- You will be able to perform this within minutes of receiving it, but don’t. Work on the presentation as this is a killer effect.
Approx. Price: $75.00 (2020) ***
© Martin's Magic (unless otherwise stated). All Rights Reserved.