Box Ninety-Eight by Handcrafted Miracles(c. 2016) (Submit Review) (Submit Update)
Finally a small box that lives up to the hype!
This is a wonderful utility item and what I really love is how Dan Frecks, the creator of this wonderful box, did the research to create a box that was the least interesting to spectators so that although they can freely handle and examine it they move on quickly enough. Who knew all those beautiful boxes from Magic Wagon are actually a bad thing when it comes to audience attention? Dan even suggests scuffing up the box more – the more ratty looking the box the less suspicious it is to the spectator. Anyway the box still looks great but the mechanism and the loads are perfect. Really smooth operation. These are hard to find at the moment so grab one when you can!
And if you’re wondering where the name comes from? They tried 97 prototypes before they ended up on this final one!
- Hand the spectator a small locked box to examine and hide away in their pocket or purse etc.
- Perform a favorite magic or mentalism effect
- Have the spectator retrieve the box, which is placed immediately on the table where it remains in full view while THE SPECTATOR UNLOCKS THE BOX THEMSELF AND REMOVES THE PREDICTION OR SIGNED CARD (or a coin, ring, bill, billet, lottery ticket, anything really)
- Try to avoid the unscrupulous urge to start a religion
While the concept was simple, making a box capable of invisibly accomplishing the task proved far more difficult. After three long years of designing, CAD programming, and failed prototypes (ninety-seven of them to be precise), Handcrafted Miracles is pleased to release Box Ninety-Eight to friends in the mentalist and magic community.
Box Ninety-Eight is as close to the perfect worker’s dream as Handcrafted Miracles could create. Those who are familiar with them know that they have no interest in misleading ad copy or videos so with that in mind consider the following, which any working magician or mentalist will certainly appreciate.
- Is small enough to fit in a jacket or hip pocket; perfect for close-up mentalism or magic
- Is fully examinable before, during and after the effect
- Has an inset brass lock with a key, perfect for mailing ahead to clients for predictions and equally perfect for removing all doubt about gimmickry
- Is opaque, building mystery and putting the “magic punch line” at the end of the effect, thereby providing the best impact on the audience
- Gets spectators involved since they hold the box throughout the entire performance
- Has almost no angle issues and can be performed surrounded
- Has unmatched versatility, can be used with billets, cards, coins, business cards, finger rings, lottery tickets, anything that will fit inside. No prior gimmicking or special preparation of items required
- It is loaded instantly while in full view with no questionable or awkward moves. The load is so quick and casual, spectators will swear that you never touched the box
- Requires no reset — simply close the lid and lock it
- Looks nice but ordinary, and is quality built to last for generations
- Is unlocked and opened by the spectator, who removes the item themself; the performer has no need to be near it while it is opened
Approx. Price: $75.00 (2017) ***Notice: I am not a dealer and this item is not for sale on this site. It maybe available in the links below or at our sister site: qualitymagicsales.com, but not from here so please do not ask.
© Martin's Magic (unless otherwise stated). All Rights Reserved.