Son of Simon Says by Simon Lovell(c. 2000) (Submit Review) (Submit Update)
Details: Well, here we all are again, chaps and chapesses! Just when you thought it was safe to sneak back into your local magic emporium, another Lovell tome appears to shake the shelves and throw a bit of dust around!
Within the pages here, you’ll find some more thoughts on the performance of magic along with forty routines, bits and more. The material is split into cards and non-card stuff, with the difficulty level ranging from really, really easy to a few knuckle busters for those with a lot of free time on their hands!
Everything in these pages has been (and is still being!) used in my professional work for the paying public. It all works really well for me and I hope that you’ll be able to find one or two items to add to your own repertoire. Everything is here for you-the effects, the patter, the moves and all sorts of extra thoughts on each and every item. There’s even a few guest items from top performers like David Acer and David Oliver! It is my sincere hope that you will enjoy another romp through the forests to howl at the moon with the Head Lemming himself !
Over 45 chapters of Lovell mania including:
- Twisted Roses-Simon uses his version of the Napkin Rose to finish his close-up set-when you see his presentation you’ll see why! Darren Romeo said, “That’s the best rose I have ever seen,” and Rocco asked, “Can you teach me that? It’s the best there is!”
- Granama-Using anagrams, a Torn and Restored Card plot is finally given some meaning! Here, the restoration comes as a complete surprise to the spectator!
- The Wyoming Wobble-A chosen card vanishes from between a spectator’s hands and, while performing its attempt at a circus stunt, appears face up in the deck!
- The Bucket Cull-Simon’s own Culling technique has been highly praised by such card experts as Ken Krenzel and Jon Racherbaumer. No finger actions are required and it’s totally invisible!
- Waiting for God-A supreme deity gets the magician out of trouble when a trick goes completely wrong!
- The Texas Chain thumb Massacre-The blood flows, it’s real and it’s yours! The ultimate Indigo Belt Ninja effect! Not for the faint of heart!
- Lobster Watch-A mind-reading lobster? Yes, it’s true and only a part of this insane properama where a spectator’s watch is smashed (and restored) during a psychic crustacean’s display of ESP!
- Business Card Flash-Your business card prints itself instantly and visibly!
- Collectors 21-Simon’s handling of the Roy Walton classic. Three cards, peeked at by spectators, instantly appear between the four Aces with no visible work to see!
- The Murder Mystery-A card trick that’s not! A charming walk through a murder investigation where the spectator becomes the greatest detective of all time!
x Foreword by David Acer
xi Racherbaumer Says … by Jon Racherbaumer
5 More Thoughts Of Chairman Lovell
5 So, What Do You Need to Learn Sleightwise to be a Magician?
6 The Mob and The Magi!
8 Pocket Management
9 Logic and Thinking
11 A Quick Word about Bar Magic
11 The Magic Moment
15 Card Stuff
15 Lovey Dovey Sandwich
19 Star Trick
22 Moments and Musings
23 The Namer
27 Two Cards and a Glass
31 The Murder Mystery
36 Moments and Musings
37 Super Play It Straight!
47 Collectors 21!
53 Sidney the Hamster
57 The Flipster
62 Moments and Musings
73 The Angle of the Dangle
80 Moments and Musings
81 One Way to Bermuda
85 Blind Man’s Buff
89 Mousehunt by David Acer
95 Ace-O-Rama! by Shaun Robison
99 The Wyoming Wobble
105 The Bucket Cull
112 Moments and Musings
113 Waiting for God
117 Harry’s Catnip Principle
121 Not Card Stuff
121 Matchbox Betcha
123 Matchbox Betcha Number Two!
126 Moments and Musings
127 Don’t Touch by David Oliver
131 Two Pieces of Silliness
135 The Texas Chainthumb Massacre or Grand Guignol Revisited
139 Business Card Flash!
142 Moments and Musings
143 Coins, Dice and Grandfather’s Beer!
151 A Hair of the Dog by Bob Neale
157 Twisted Roses
163 Chop Wallet
169 For Advanced Maniacs Only
169 Fantasy in Salt and Vinegar by Ash Lee
171 The Incredible Card in Dove Number Two!
175 Lobster Watch!
180 Moments and Musings
181 Ring in Rat
187 Extra Bit
187 The Frisk of the Risk!
195 The Blow-Off
197 Works Cited
- Publisher: L&L Publishing
- Pages: 197
- Location: Tahoma, CA, USA
- Edited by: Andrew J. Pinard
- Dimensions: 9″x11″
- Date: 2000
- Binding: hardbound
Contents: magicref.net – click for details
Approx. Price: $45.00 (2003) ***Notice: I am not a dealer and this item is not for sale on this site. It maybe available in the links below or at our sister site: qualitymagicsales.com, but not from here so please do not ask.
© Martin's Magic (unless otherwise stated). All Rights Reserved.