Dear Mr Fantasy by John Bannon(c. 2004) (Submit Review) (Submit Update)
Details: We are pleased to announce the publication of Dear Mr. Fantasy, John Bannon’s first collection of close-up magic since Smoke & Mirrors over a decade ago. DMF is a 200 page, hardbound, photo-illustrated, card magic masterpiece that will impress even the most seasoned professional card magician. DMF contains nineteen card tricks and other asides that are performed with unprepared cards, and most are completely impromptu! This book will leave you primed to take your magic to the public in any setting!
- Iconoclastic Aces
- Syncopated Aces
- Interrobang Aces
These ace assemblies play around with the internal timing on the reveal of the effect. They are simple to do and work well together as a routine.
Secrets and Mysteries of the Four Aces
I love how these effects fit together. I love all the material in this book, but these stand out for me.
- Line of Sight (control) – This effect is simple and direct, and sets up for the next effect in this routine.
- Final Verdict – The spectator cuts to the four aces.
- Cull De Stack – This is the method for setting up for Beyond Fabulous.
- Two Classics – This is John’s thoughts on Daley’s last trick, and twisting the aces.
- Beyond Fabulous – While telling a magical anecdote, the magi demonstrates this version of the four-ace trick that ends with a royal flush.
- Mark of the Fabulous – Alternate ending for Beyond Fabulous.
- Dead Reckoning – You are just going to have to read this. Pick a card, find a card, but the concept is incredible!
- Out of Touch – A card is thought of, and remembered, and a second card is touched. The second card is the card that was previously thought of.
- Dawn Patrol – A card is selected and buried in the deck. 2 queens are placed face up in the deck and are buried. One shuffle places the previously selected card between the 2 queens.
Degrees of Freedom
- Degrees of Freedom – The spectators favorite suit is all that’s left after a series of spectator choices, that are out of the control of the magician. I keep fooling myself with this one.
- Origami Poker – Simplified version of Degrees of Freedom, where the royal flush in spades is the uncontrollable result.
- Perfect Strangers – A prediction matches the result of the result of uncontrollable choices.
- The Works – This is a detailed explanation of the methods used in the effects used in this chapter.
- Wait Until Dark – Blindfolded the magicians instructs the spectator in shuffling the cards face up and face down, and the magicians knows the results down to the last detail.
- Last Man Standing – A card is selected and replaced in the deck. The cards are mixed face up and face down. In the end, all the cards face the same way but the selection.
- Trait Secrets – Two spectators and the magician find the mates to selected cards. The magician finds the four of a kind.
- Dave’s Game – A very different presentation for Trait Secrets.
- Publisher: John Bannon
- Pages: 197
- Location: Chicago, IL, USA
- Dimensions: 6″x9″
- Date: 2004
- Binding: hardbound
(Benjamine Guy – Magic Review Dear-Mr-Fantasy)
Contents: benjamineguy.wixsite.com – click for details
Approx. Price: $75.00 (2020) ***Notice: I am not a dealer and this item is not for sale on this site. It maybe available in the links below or at our sister site: qualitymagicsales.com, but not from here so please do not ask.
© Martin's Magic (unless otherwise stated). All Rights Reserved.