CardWorks by Richard Kaufman(c. 1981) (Submit Review) (Submit Update)
Details: With CARDWORKS, Richard Kaufman returns to the same innovative area that made CardMagic a bestseller in 1979. Clearly written and beautifully illustrated, CARDWORKS contains many wonderful routines that you’ll find as enjoyable to perform as the audience will to watch. While most of the material has been created by the author, there are contributions from the top names in closeup:
- From ED MARLO: Banded: That’s Impossible! 4 seemingly impossible effects involving rubber-band surrounded decks.
- From DEREK DINGLE: DazzleShop Aces An Ace assembly specifically designed to astound other magicians.
- From JON RACHERBAUMER: Purist Sandwich one of the swiftest and most puzzling sandwiches in town.
- From HARRY LORAYNE, KEN KRENZEL, and ROY WALTON: Solutions to Red-Eye Special, Instant No-Shuffle Sandwich, One-Hand Mechanical Aces, and Ethereal Blackjack 7 and 2.
- From HOWARD SCHWARZMAN: The Original Card Tunnels [with Ken Krenzel). The never-before-published classics that started the tunnel craze.
- From DARWIN ORTIZ and PAT COOK: Stapled Black lack The ultimate handling of the Paul Harris plot; two cards magically transpose through a metal staple.
- From JIM SWAIN: Passing Along the Vanishing Aces A classic which has already gained a great reputation within the Inner Circle.
All this and more is in CARDWORKS. Richard Kaufman’s unique perspective as both author and illustrator gives him the ability to teach sleight of hand more clearly than almost anyone else! You can practically see the sleights being performed for you by just glancing at the many illustrations in CARDWORKS
13 Kaufman and Krenzel on Cryptology
18 Natural Grip Radical Change
21 Impromptu Blankwave
26 Slingshot Snapout (Meir Yedid)
28 Triple Slice Popup Aces
33 One-Hand Mechanical Aces (Kaufman and Lorayne)
37 One-Hand Exes to Aces
42 Passing Along the Vanishing Aces (Jim Swain)
45 Collecting the Vanishing Aces (Geoffrey Latta)
47 Fusion (Kaufman, Maze, and Arthur)
51 The Inside Out Deck
55 Layer by Layer
57 The Slydini Touch
59 Even Odder II
64 Red-Eye Special
68 – Letter of July 22, 1980 (Roy Walton)
70 – Letter of July 30, 1980 (Roy Walton)
71 – Conversation of August 23, 1980 (Ken Krenzel)
72 – Phone Call of September 8, 1980 (Harry Lorayne)
74 Torn Asunder (Jim Swain)
79 The Splittin’ Image
85 Banded: That’s Impossible! (Marlo)
86 – First Effect
90 – Second Effect
95 – Third Effect
97 – Fourth Effect
99 The Original Card Tunnel (Schwarzman and Krenzel)
108 The Second Card Tunnel (Howard Schwarzman)
113 The Amazing Ace Tunnel
119 Ace Tunnel: Second Position (Kaufman, Krenzel and Arthur)
122 Ethereal Poker
128 Ethereal BlackJack No. 1 (Kaufman and Lorayne)
130 – Ending 1
130 – Ending 2
132 – Ending 3 (Schwarzman)
132 – Ending 4 (Schwarzman)
135 Ethereal BlackJack No. 2 (Kaufman and Krenzel)
140 Quadruple Fingertip Cards to Pockets
143 DazzleSnap Aces (Dingle)
147 Instant No-Shuffle Sandwich
148 – Purist Sandwich (Racherbaumer)
149 – Handling 1
149 – Handling 2
150 – Handling 3
152 – Handling 4 (Lorayne)
160 Stapled Black Jack (Ortiz and Cook)
164 In Addition
- Publisher: Kaufman and Greenberg
- Pages: 164
- Location: New York, USA
- Dimensions: 6
- Date: 1981
- Binding: hardbound
Contents: magicref.net – click for details
Approx. Price: $32.00 (2004) ***Notice: I am not a dealer and this item is not for sale on this site. It maybe available in the links below or at our sister site: qualitymagicsales.com, but not from here so please do not ask.
© Martin's Magic (unless otherwise stated). All Rights Reserved.