(Subscribe to my YouTube here.)
Sankey-Tized Vol. 1 DVD by Jay Sankey(c. 1995,2005) (Submit Review) (Submit Update)
Effect: Jay Sankey has created some of the world’s most inventive close-up magic. This DVD features many routines using ordinary objects like cards, coins, keys, rings, spoons and more. He employs simple methods to render his effects entertaining and magical. As an added bonus you get to see Sankey being Sankey as his warped sense of humor, that he developed as a stand-up comedian, shines throughout with some gags and fake routines.
Routines and techniques performed and explained:
- The Wichita Slip: A fancy and simple bottom deal used for forcing a card in the explained Pick These Cards routine.
- Stirring Silver: A borrowed ring and spoon routine where the ring magically penetrates the stem of the spoon. Also taught are two spoon bending sequences.
- Back In Time: A simple and direct in-the-hands impromptu triumph using the slop shuffle.
- Top Card and Rubber Rise: Two powerful methods of ending an Ambitious Card routine.
- Bound To Fool: An easy sandwich routine where a selected card appears between two previously rubber-banded cards.
- Collect Me Not…Again: Three selected cards appear between four queens, the queens vanish and appear under the spectator’s hand. Also taught is the Revolution Count that displays three cards as seven showing three face up and four face down.
- Leaving Home: A two-phase routine with a key that magically penetrates a loop of string.
- Floater: An impromptu floating deck quickie.
- The Hop Spread: An impressive-looking, flourishy, hand-to-hand spread of the deck between your hands.
- Gianni Mattiolo Illogical Shuffle: A complicated and impressive looking in-the-hands cutting sequence that retains the order of the cards.
- Flying Shuttle Pass: A coin technique that switches a coin as it is tossed from hand to hand.
- Flying Shuttle: Four coins appear out of thin air using the Flying Shuttle Pass.
Also taught are additional applications and the techniques used within the routines. Produced by Meir Yedid Magic.
Original release date: DVD: June 2005, VHS: 1995. Running time: Approximately 60 minutes.
Special DVD Features: DVD trailers. Product Previews.
Approx. Price: $29.95 (2006) ***Notice: I am not a dealer and this item is not for sale on this site. It maybe available in the links below or at our sister site: qualitymagicsales.com, but not from here so please do not ask.
© Martin's Magic (unless otherwise stated). All Rights Reserved.