Kovari Ultimate Chinese Sticks by Kovari Magic, Jay Leslie(c. 2008)
You can read more about the Chinese Sticks here.
Unlike every other model of Chinese Sticks ever made these beauties allow the string to stretch three times the normal length. George Kovari c. 1985 employed a mechanical principle for increasing the workload of the gimmick by three fold. Now, by popular demand, these masterpieces of magic are being made again saving you the time of hunting them down at auction. There are several improvements in the mechanics and appearance recently developed by Jay Leslie and purchased the rights from Kovari to reproduce this amazing set of Chinese Sticks.
Imagine the comedy appeal of pulling both strings over 5 feet out of the sticks! First you perform the routine like normal, then “accidentally” pull one string longer then expected and proceed to match it – then exceed it – in a comical and perplexing manner until each string is as long as five feet. Some performers stand on a chair allowing the tassel to drag on the floor.
New updated instructions are included with a few never-before published ideas for performance and we include a numbered certificate of authenticity giving you the privilege to perform the best made and most amazing version of the famous Chinese Sticks ever made.
- The main tube is smaller then the original.
- Thin pieces of custom made decorative embellishments were fused to all four sides of each stick, creating a upgraded magical appearance. When you hold the sticks four or more feet from the audience the tube may blend into your background and the remaining colored decoration creates the illusion of the sticks being much smaller then they really are.
- Even though the gimmick fits in a space that’s 27 percent smaller it weighs one ounce more giving you absolute control. You can cause the string to smoothly retract as slowly as you want. You can even start it or stop it on command!
- The tube is shorter (only 17 inches or 67cm) which allows the sticks to pack smaller.
- Jay has also thoughtfully installed “stops” near the top of the sticks on the inside. The “stops” prevent each gimmick from rubbing against the string and prevent the string from ever binding.
Kovari Ultimate Sticks comes in three colors – Red, Blue, and Yellow. Dimensions Approximately 17″ x 1 1/4″ x 1 1/4″ (43.18cm x 3.175cm x 3.175cm)
Approx. Price: $249.00 (2008) ***Notice: I am not a dealer and this item is not for sale on this site. It maybe available in the links below or at our sister site: qualitymagicsales.com, but not from here so please do not ask.
If you want to submit a product review, but don't have an account yet, click here
© Martin's Magic (unless otherwise stated). All Rights Reserved.