MD Mini by Craig Filicetti(c. 2010) (Submit Review) (Submit Update)
I’m a big fan of Craig Filicetti’s work – it is all very reliable and well thought out – but I must say how particularly taken I am with MD Mini. This is just perfect to me and the walk around magic I find myself most frequently doing these days.
Firstly it is tiny – really tiny. There is nothing to find on it even if it is examined closely. But, and this is key to me, people don’t bother to check it that thoroughly if you introduce it correctly and treat it just like a simple key chain – it is too darn small to be anything else. I blab on about how the old Rubik’s cube used to drive me crazy in the 80’s because I could never get them back to looking new and this is the only size I have found that I can’t screw-up, but to make sure I even glued the sides so it wouldn’t move at all. This gets a mild chuckle.
Because this item is so perfect the other thing you have to be slightly wary about is doing it without giving them a reason to look elsewhere. So it helps if you introduce some other items to the routine to take the heat off of the cube because if you just use the cube they are eventually going to have to suspect it as nothing else is in play – I have some colored cards that I get another spectator to choose and they end up choosing the same color.
Effect: MD Mini is a tiny 0.8 inch 100% plastic color cube that you will carry daily. You can perform from up to 30 feet away and the battery can be changed. The appearance is completely seamless. The colors are white, red, blue, green, orange, and yellow.
They are an exact match to other popular cubes on the market. The cube does NOT rotate like a puzzle, the only puzzle is how you can read the spectator’s mind! With the convenient key-chain attachment and miniature size, you will carry this with you everywhere. It is very small in your pocket and super easy to remove on the spot.
A basic routine is this:
- Hand the cube to the spectator and have them shake it on the table top while your back is turned and stop shaking when they are happy with a color and cover up the cube so that you are unable to see it. You turn around and divine which color is face up.
- Next they shake up the cube in their hand and take a peek so that no one else sees which is face-up, and you are still able to divine it.
- Finally the spectator shakes the cube up in their hand and keeps their hands closed at all times so that not even the spectator knows what is face up. You then show six colored cards to a different spectator and they choose just one card from the six and it turns out to match the face-up cube.
- Anywhere, anytime
- Only 0.8 of an inch in diameter
- Keep on your key ring
- Always ready to perform
- Performance from up to 20 feet away
- No assistants
- Multiple spectators
Approx. Price: $449.00 (2014) ***Notice: I am not a dealer and this item is not for sale on this site. It maybe available in the links below or at our sister site: qualitymagicsales.com, but not from here so please do not ask.
© Martin's Magic (unless otherwise stated). All Rights Reserved.